Saturday 1 April 2017

Errands

I've become everything I feared: Kalika's errand girl.

Records of proxies have largely gone under here as a coherent organisation shattered into many loners and gangs. But there's one group that rushed in to fill the power and office work vacuum, and that's the Timberwolves.

What I initially thought was going to a be a difficult task actually proved to be quite easy. Not because of any skill on my part, but because Kalika pointed out all we needed was access to a Timberwolf base computer. Since we figured the information would be shared between local divisions, all we had to do was find a smaller branch that wasn't as closely guarded.

So we found one, in Dover of all places. I was able to climb some bins and ease through a second floor window. I got in there, ducked by the computer, loaded the shit onto a USB. As I was leaving I think one of the security guards for an adjacent building saw me, but I must have got away fast enough.

The bad news is that the Timberwolves see this they'll have probably tightened security there. If they haven't already. No catching the ferry or taking the Eurotunnel to France for us. Wouldn't risk it. They don't shoot to stagger you.

14 comments:

  1. Did you delete something off the USB? There's a gap in one of the servant numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Naturally some other group would begin to claw their way towards power. It's a pity none of them realize that the corporate strategy was a mistake from the start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And naturally, I must admit, part of the reason I was in favour of Dover was to make it harder for you to leave the country alive.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. Dawww such hostility, even after I helped you that one time.

      ^ Also, Malik, what's up with the deleted comment? You sharing secrets behind my back?

      Delete
    4. Um, Claude. Darling. You know there were three other people helping me that time and you betrayed all of them, right?

      Delete
    5. YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES!

      YOU THINK IT WAS FUCKING EASY FOR ME!?

      IT WAS EITHER HER OR HIM

      HOW DO YOU FUCKERS NOT GET IT!? I HAD TO MAKE A CHOICE!

      FUCK ALL OF YOU

      Delete
    6. Feeling the regret? Let it out all you need to, 'cause you'd never say any of this shit to my face.

      Delete
    7. Regret? Hah, nah, I'm over that shit. And trust me Min, I would say all of that shit to your face and more.

      Just trust me on that one.

      Delete
    8. Who are you trying to convince of that?

      Nobody trusts you. Fuck, you don't even trust yourself. So no, I don't believe it.

      Delete
    9. HAH! You say that now...

      Delete
  3. Min, please stop drawing unnecessary attention. I'm too far to save your ass out if you get into some shit. I do not need to come back to chaos.

    ReplyDelete