Tuesday 4 April 2017

Bounty

Kalika retrieved new information on Graham, or "Source 1" as she is calling him.

She found files that were bounties. There's a bounty on Graham as part of a purging of the local proxy system that you've probably heard of or perhaps taken a bullet for. Now this is happening plenty, so it wasn't especially out of the ordinary until we saw the price being offered. It was £6,500, fucking absurdly high for his age and ability. Why is it so high? I can't get my head around it. There must be something we're missing here.

Wanna hear something crazier? The files I took from the Timberwolves have a near-identical bounty. I say near-identical, it was the same stuff but written into the Timberwolf bounty format. So I don't think they stole this file from proxies. There must have been some kind of shared knowledge or system...

(No, of course I'm not going to take the bounty. As much as I need the money, I have my limits, and Kalika has her research. And I don't help servant organisations, as a general rule.)

Kalika and I are approaching a difficult decision. People are going to be gunning for him. Maybe I should start tracking anyone who's hunting him and see what I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment